Opportunity Alabama (OPAL) – a first-of-its-kind nonprofit initiative dedicated to connecting investors with investable assets in Alabama’s Opportunity Zones – is seeking a Director of Operations. The Director will be OPAL’s second-in-command, responsible for assisting in the execution of every facet of OPAL’s operational scope and managing every relationship necessary to sustain OPAL’s rapid growth. Some parts of this job – like helping communities develop strategies to transform blighted areas or building local impact funds – take vision and ingenuity. Others – like running our email marketing and managing inboxes – take attention to detail and persistence. Above all, though, we are looking for someone with the patience, flexibility, and incredible work ethic necessary to help scale an organization with a statewide footprint and a national reputation.
To understand the responsibilities associated with this position, please review our “What We Do” section of the website.
- Broadening and managing OPAL’s pipeline of real estate and active business projects, as well as investors and Opportunity Funds, through targeted research, outreach, and database management.
- Developing tools to manage, coordinate, and inform OPAL’s network, comprised of dozens of communities, dozens of projects, dozens of funds, and hundreds of interested third parties.
- Designing and implement outreach and social media campaigns.
- Developing marketing materials and a marketing campaign for communities, projects, and OPAL itself.
- Building a depth of understanding about how the Opportunity Zone program works and using that understanding to educate community members, developers and potential investors (with active assistance from the President and CEO).
- Collecting information/data from communities, projects, and funds.
- Coordinating meetings and calls between OPAL and various members of the ecosystem referenced in our “What We Do” section of the website.
- (Potentially) “Vetting” projects to determine level of service projects need to scale, typically through detailed review of studies, pro formas and marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong marketing, design, social media and communication skills
- Experience or coursework in real estate investing or venture capital is a plus
- “Entrepreneurial spirit” & desire to work in high growth social venture environment
If you are interested, please submit a (1) one to two-page cover letter addressing your qualifications, (2) an updated resume, and (3) three to five references to [email protected] using the subject line “Director of Operations Job Application.” We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.